The Global Energy Non Profit Partnership is the founder and organiser of the non-governmental and independent Global Energy Prize. We wish to inform you that you have been included in our international database of scientists that have been granted the right to nominate candidates to participate in the Global Energy Prize. On October 1, 2013 the 12th annual competition for the Global Energy Prize begins. We would like to invite you to participate.
The significance of the prize has been emphasised by UNIDO General Director Kandeh K. Yumkella in his address to laureates and organisers: “The Global Energy Prize is a timely and impressive event. Russia has always been an advanced nation in terms of scientific development and a key player in global energy.”
So far the prize has been awarded to 29 laureates from nine countries: United Kingdom, Germany, Iceland, Canada, Russia, USA, Ukraine, France and Japan. The list of those with the right to make nominations to the prize comprises 2,700 scientists from 59 countries and is annually reviewed. For the 12th prize cycle the expert analysis will be carried out by 64 specialists from 13 countries. Laureates are chosen by the International Awards Committee (25 members from 10 countries). In 2013 the prize pool is 33 million roubles (1.1 million USD).
- Moving from a paper system to an electronic system. Nominations can now be made online at the official site for the Global Energy Prize in the section “NOMINATION”;
- Submissions can be made in English. This is due to the increase in the geographic area of interest for the nomination process;
- Unification of accompanying material. For the submission a single file of up to five pages is offered in Word format using a computer template;
- A greater level of protection for personal information. It is no longer necessary to include personal information (telephone numbers, e-mail, address) of the nominee in the nomination;
- Nominations are open for submission from October 1 to December 20, 2013.
In the following letter you will receive a link to the “NOMINATION” section of the Global Energy Prize website and an identification number for making the nomination.
For more information about the Global Energy Prize visit www.globalenergyprize.org
For more information on the prize regulations and conditions of participation visit: www.globalenergyprize.org/ru/
If you receive this letter in error, please let us know by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
R. J. Allam,
Chairman of the International Awards Committee,
Global Energy Prize email@example.com.