The main economic and political decision-makers from 15 countries have already announced their participation in the 12th edition of the FOREN 2014 Regional Energy Forum Central-Eastern European region, organized by the Association of Romanian National Committee of World Energy Council, between 22 to 26 June 2014, the Parliament Palace – Romania.
With the theme "Energy for Tomorrow: from vision to reality", FOREN 2014 will explore topics on the latest technological developments in the field of energy, the future prospects of the sector of electricity, oil and gas, coal, nuclear, renewable energy, and economic and political decisions necessary to turn the vision into reality energy.
The opening session will be held at the Athenaeum on June 22. On the same day, between 14.00-15.00, in front of the National Bank of Romania and the present Governor of BNR and mayor of the capital, Mr. Oprescu the event will take place in "Energy Charter – Energy for All", which aims at publicizing the history of Romanian energy sector, the citizen intended to be used in the passing Bucharest.
Energy Forum FOREN 2014 is a highly complex, which includes 12 major events: Day Regional Energy Keyote Two Addresses (KA) Conference Energy Trilema four roundtables at the Forum (RTF), three workshops at the Forum ( WF), five scientific sessions, technical exhibition will present the latest achievements of companies in the country and abroad, as well as an exciting technical program and tourism.
FOREN 2014 will also mark through a special event, the 90th anniversary of the founding of the Romanian National Committee of World Energy Council.
Agenda of FOREN 2014
Over 200 speakers of the highest level, including ministers, energy industry leaders, experts and researchers, regulators, eminent academics and representatives of non-governmental organizations from home and abroad will answer the most pressing technical issues facing today regional energy industry in the five technical communication sessions FOREN 2014, including:
• Trilema energy: how it will achieve the balance of the three main vectors related to energy supply security, social equity and environmental impact?
• Energy markets: markets vs planning, stability vs. flexibility, the role of transmission and distribution power market?
• National Policy on EU integration of environmental policies: the role of conventional and renewable energy sources and financial mechanisms necessary.
• Energy efficiency: improvement methods, the use of EU funds for increasing energy efficiency in areas with high potential for saving electricity
• Nuclear energy: present and future of nuclear power, conformity tests after Fukushima nuclear plant flexibility
• Oil and gas: conventional and renewable sources neconventioanele policy price on the global market, transport, storage and distribution, financial mechanisms. The role of shale gas in the energy industry
• Coal and clean technologies: coal may need to overcome environmental concerns?
In the special sessions organized within FOREN 2014 will examine the following topics:
• The best policies for security, power and energy consumption. Tomorrow Energy Central and Eastern Europe (Regional Energy Day)
• Energy Markets 2014 (KA 1)
• global energy resources: global and regional perspectives cycle including Energy Scenarios (KA 2)
• The role of stake-holder in solving energy trilemei: analyzing strategic programs at European and regional level (energy Trilema Conference)
• Nuclear energy: requirements, benefits, risks (RTF1)
• Smart solutions for energy security (RTF 2)
• Renewable energy and sustainable development in the region (RTF 3)
• Fossil fuels and sustainable development in the region (RTF 4)
• Regional cooperation between scientific organizations and universities (WSS 1)
• Energy efficiency – policy measures an best practices (WSS 2)
• Energy resources and technologies. Fossil fuel power plants (WSS 3)
During FOREN 2014 meetings will be held also World Energy Council:
• World Energy Trilemma Study Group Meeting
• Workshop: Global Electricity Initiative (GEI)
• World Energy Resources Study Group: Knowledge Network (KN) on Hydropower.
The opening session of the event, and the most important events of the Forum will be hosted by personalities from academia, parliament, government, companies in the country and abroad.
Organizers estimated participation FOREN 2014 event over 600 leading experts, leaders in energy, government officials and local decision makers in large companies and energy companies in the country and abroad, academics and academic developers, investors.
Romanian National Committee of World Energy Council addressed, and in this way the invitation to all companies / firms / organizations / institutions working in the field of energy and environment to participate in this important event in regional energy.
Over fifty companies as co-organizer or sponsor FOREN 2014. Their list is on the CNR website – CME.
Additional information on FOREN 2014: www.cnr-cme.ro/foren2014
Romanian National Committee of World Energy Council (WEC) is a non-governmental organization and leading multi-energy organization in Romania, a founding member of the World Energy Council, 1924, strategic partner for other organizations, associations and foundations, energy and Environment of Romania, having access to information, skills and deep knowledge through professional contacts worldwide.
Regional Energy Forum FOREN-runs every two years and is organized by the Romanian National Committee of World Energy Council
World Energy Council (WEC) is the leading global organization in the field of energy, opened in 1924, which includes 93 national committees from over 3,000 member organizations and the teeming is the promotion, provision and use of sustainable energy for the benefit of all people on the planet.